UCLA Scientific Diving Program and The American Academy of Underwater Sciences
Mike is the Diving Safety Officer of the scientific diving program at UCLA.
The UCLA Scientific Diving Program provides training, planning and support for faculty, staff, and student researchers at UCLA. All diving policies and procedures are based on the diving standards set forth by the UC Los Angeles Diving Control Board and the American Association of Underwater Scientists. All research diving projects and divers diving under the auspices of UCLA must be qualified and authorized according to the UCLA/AAUS Standards and abide with the current version of the UCLA Diving Safety Manual.
Mike is the Appointed Director of The American Academy of Underwater Sciences (AAUS).
I want to thank AAUS for letting me conduct this interview and the opportunity to reach Mike.Thanks
Mike is a candid individual, easy to talk to, with a vast amount of knowledge. I was and felt amazingly comfortable during the interview, Mike took the time to explain everything and, on some occasions, more than once.Thanks
Below is a list of audio files that are divided by subject.
- Who is Mike Anghera
- Changes in the Scientific and education community according to Mike’s experienced
- Tell me all about your own research.
- Political view of the local government about sea level rise
- UCLA and AAUS relationship with other countries or entities
- Are you involved in getting resources for your programs?
- Regarding certifications
- Get to know Mike a little more…