Freedom version 1.18.2 Release notes
- User configurable date format, see “Setup / Miscellaneous / Date format”
- ISO “YYYY-MM-DD”
- EU “DD.MM.YYYY”
- US “MM.DD.YYYY”
- Fixed unwanted behavior with all OC mixtures disabled.
Freedom version 1.18.1 Release notes
- Fixed technical screen refresh in surface mode.
Freedom version 1.18.0 Release notes
- CCR Diluent ppO2 added to “technical screen”, top right, next to stack time.
- Added “universal” water salinity according to EN13319 (Setup / Preferences / Salinity).
- Selectable lower button function – cycle dive screens or display off (Setup / Preferences / User interface / Lower bttn.).
- Optional no-tilt editor, using buttons only (Setup / Preferences / User interface / Navigation).
- Lower button long press in menu will step one line up (backwards).
- Changed cylinder setup in imperial system, to use nominal fill capacity (eg. 80cuft 3000psi).
- Updated surface pressure algorithm, extended from 15 minutes to 1h prior to submerging.
- Moved “Units” from “User interface” into “Preferences”.
- Fixed misleading display of “Deco stop”, instead of “Gas switch”.
- Fixed “End pressure” rounding error when using imperial system.
- Fixed dive log profile display below 327.68m.
Freedom version 1.17.6 Release notes
- Customization of BIG screen in Gauge mode – “BIG depth” [Max / Avg / Only] set to “Only” now shows depth only on BIG screen.
- Fixed unwanted behavior when set GF low > GF high
- Corrected behavior after skipping deco stops when surfacing, the Freedom will continue to calculate next stop even on the surface.
Freedom version 1.17.5 Release notes
- Fixed USB drive error with too much short dives.
Freedom version 1.17.4 Release notes
– Option to calculate TTS and ascent with current SP instead of high SP (Setup / Rebreather / Const CCR Setup / SP Ascent [High, Current])
- Fixed ceiling glitch near surface
- Fixed USB connection mode, for Freedoms with 300+ dive logs.
- Fixed CNS calculation in aSCR mode, which used OC mix ppO2 instead of current aSCR ppO2.
Freedom version 1.17.3 Release notes
- Fixed No-Fly time.
Freedom version 1.17.2 Release notes
- Fixed unwanted behavior in logbook on devices with Advanced Bottom Timer licence.
Freedom version 1.17.1 Release notes
- Fixed unwanted behavior on devices with Advanced Bottom Timer licence.
Freedom version 1.17.0 Release notes
- Optional Gauge screen now available in any dive mode
- Safety stop timer added to Synoptic screen
- Possible to switch between Avg and Max depth displayed on Gauge Big screen (Setup / Preferences / User Interface)
- Decompression algorithm update
- Editor is using bigger font
- Planner consumption fix in bottom phase of CCR+BO (OC Bailout)
- Fixed lost gas alarm when switching between CCR – OC – CCR modes
- Logbook graphics tuneup
- Early termination of demo dive while connected to charger does not disable another demo or simulation
Decompression algorithm update
Prolonged no-deco times, now reflects true no-stop times. Improved transition to deco mode, eliminated stop at 0m 0s. Improved planning (more deep stops) with GF Low lower than 30%. If you are unsure about GF setting, consult your diving instructor.
Freedom version 1.16.2 Release notes
- Full battery screen (white) amended with “Battery Full” text
- Surface time sometimes not displayed
Freedom version 1.16.1 Release notes
- Custom setpoint change in dive menu fixed
- 3rd O2 sensor gain setting fixed
- Screen layout cosmetic
Freedom version 1.16 Release notes
- Lost gas handling, see below
- New application Inclinometer
- New application Emergency Torch. If ON a special high-brightness screen is included in standard screen sequence.
- Owner info, see Setup/Miscellaneous/Set owner. First line is displayed on the splash screen, all lines on separate screen.
- High ppO2 limit is split to bottom and deco settings, see below
- Airbreak notifications, see Setup / Alarms / Notifications / Airbreak
- Surface pressure history in Syscheck / Pressure
- Planner uses descent and ascent rates from configuration
- Descent time rounded down to whole minutes
- Current line in menu is inversed instead of marked with red triangle, long menu uses scrollbar
- END value is calculated for MOD depth (bottom ppO2)
- Gas switch reminders are not signalized if the dive is still a decompression dive.
- Fixed bad log list page after first/last page
- Fixed Gas switch reminder not raised with certain profiles
Lost gas handling
When the diver ascends to gas switch depth, a notification is raised, recommending the optimal gas. If the diver doesn’t switch in 2 minutes, the notification is repeated.
If the diver doesn’t switch to recommended gas in next 2 minutes, the gas is marked as “lost” and is no more used in plan calculation. Nevertheless the gas is still accessible and can be selected manually, the “lost” flag is cleared in such case. The ascend plan is recalculated at the moment the gas is marked as lost. The lost flag is visible in gas switch menu.
high ppO2 deco – used in CCR modes, in OC if degassing has already started (depth < decompresion zone start)
high ppO2 bottom – used in OC dives at bottom and start of ascent phase
Freedom version 1.15.4 Release notes
- New display controller support
Freedom version 1.15.3 Release notes
- Fixed incorrect battery charge level
- Fixed battery symbol in sleep mode
Freedom version 1.15.2 Release notes
- O2 cells termination option available also in CCR Bottom Timer version. see Setup / Rebreather / Cell->10k and Setup / Rebreather / 3rd sens. ratio
Freedom version 1.15.1 Release notes
- stopwatch option available also in Advanced Bottom Timer / CCR Botom Timer versions see Setup / Preferences / Stopw. btn.
Freedom version 1.15.0 Release notes
- external temperature indication and low temperature warning in Analyzer app. (below 5°C/41°F)
- stopwatch available in any dive mode (see below)
- oxygen sensor calibration stored in syslog
- voting logic for oxygen sensors – automatic sensor exclusion (see below)
- new alarm “Switch to computed SCR” alerts diver after “ppO2 Lost” event(failure of all O2 sensors) in SCR mode. (it is a recommendation for the diver to change the computer mode, it is NOT done automaticaly)
- planner warns if bottom time is insufficient to get to the planned depth
- option to suppress log compression, so it logs every second (Uncompressed logs are cca 5x bigger!)
- minor graphics and typo corrections
- smarter Bailout GF handling (see below)
- improved brightness setting
- MOD/END in gas detail
- pO2 displayed with better precision in Bottom Timer CCR to help track the change of pO2
- repeated low pO2 alarm, every 0.1 bar below limit.
- Popup alarms use bigger font
- CCR mode, Big screen – last line is pO2 instead of deco stop
- smooth display off/on
- long button press configured independently for OC an CCR modes Setup / Preferences / User interface / Gas shotcuts for OC and SCR Setup / Rebreather / Const CCR setup / SP shortcuts for CCR
- water temperature sensor correction fixed
- CNS decay in sleep mode fixed
- occasional TTS computation hang fixed
- log records with equal time when continuing dive after surfacing fixed
- configuration not saved when switched off without return to base screen fixed
Low button setting and stopwatch
Setup / Preferences / User interface / Stopw. btn. Options:
- Disabled: stopwatch not available
- Base scr.: low button handles stopwatch only if Detailed dive screen is selected.
- Always: low button handles stopwatch in any dive screen.
Stopwatch is displayed in the Deep stop and Safety stop field on the Detailed screen.
- First press: show stopwatch
- Next press: toggles stopwatch on/off
- Long press: stopwatch reset, either running or stopped.
If stopwatch is stopped for 20s, it disappears from the screen. Beware: If stopwatch button is active, all other functions are suppressed (screen off, brightness boost, gas selection shortcut, SP selection shortcut). Nevertheless if Base scr. setting is selected, original low button function remains unchanged in other dive screens. Screensaver setting remains active and if the screen is off, first press of any button switches display on.
Bailout GF handling
GF handling bound with mode change is now smarter.
- Mode change any CCR -> OC, Bailout GF is selected
- Mode change Measured CCR -> Fixed CCR, Bailout GF is selected
- Mode change any mode -> Original CCR, Standard GF is selected GF manually switched to Bailout GF remains active until manually switched to Standard GF.
If there are 3 sensors connected, a voting logic applies to find and exclude bad sensor. Sensor can be disabled (by user) or excluded (by voting logic). If a sensor is excluded, the pO2 is still checked and an alarm is raised if pO2 is too high. Alarm may be suppressed by disabling the excluded sensor from menu. At least two sensors must be stable, and if the difference between sensors is too high, the most different or not stable one is excluded. If the excluded sensor value is back within the limit, it is returned to normal state, or it can be done manually.
Freedom version 1.14.0 Release notes
- gas consumption in planner
- gas enhanced configuration – bootle volume (water capacity only) and pressure.
- gas remaining pressure (used for planner warning for not enough gas)
- SP automatic change also during ascent or at given time (Closed Circuit only) (solves strategy SPlow for bottom, SPhigh for ascent)
- depth reached notification also for ascent (3 points)
- measured gas in Analyzer mode can be saved into standard Mix configuration
- improved semigraphic editor for several configuration items
- if NODECO value is out of range, it displays nothing (instead of 999)
- improved accuracy of water temperature
- improved readability of menues (selectable Setup / Preferences / Display / Menu highlight)
- “Show by light” setting dropped, function active all the time
- “Global alarms off” setting dropped
- dive time termination configurable (see below)
- NoFly doesn’t jump back and forth with baro pressure
- support for bigger flash memeroy
- potential surface pressure error if pressure sensor correction set
- corrected sudden ceiling drop when surface reached
Gas consumption in planner
OC gasses have now enhanced configuration, bootle volume and initial pressure are added. Also the required final pressure is configured. The planner now calculates gas consumption for each gas, anad display alert in case the gas volume is not sufficient.
Dive time termination
Setup / Preferences / Timeouts / Dive Time Auto setting: dive time stops on surface, jumps to current time if the dive continues Cave setting: dive time continues regardless of depth Warning: Dive termination setting remains active, if not set to zero.
Freedom version 1.13.5 Release notes
- corrected deco stop actualization after gas switch
Freedom version 1.13.4 Release notes
- corrected false error condition of pressure sensor
Freedom version 1.13.3 Release notes
- automatic reset of pressure sensor in case of error condition
Freedom version 1.13.2 Release notes
- setup for Freedom acting as secondary monitor for CCR devices
Freedom as monitoring device
If Freedom is attached as parallel monitoring device, there could be a problem with sensor termination. Freedom contains its own terminating resistors, and this could interfere with terminators in some CCR devices, or isolation resitors in sensor fork device. If Freedom shows wrong voltage when connected to CCR device, use following setup:
New configuration items:
- in main menu, “Setup / Rebreather / Sensor termination”
- in sevice menu “Miscellaneous / 3rd sensor ratio”
Sensor termination (default On) allows to disconnect terminators inside Freedom for sensors 1 and 2. When set to Off, sensors 1 and 2 will show full sensor voltage. (Only sensors 1 and 2, limited by hardware)
3rd sensor ratio (default 1.00): It works as a virtual amplifier for sensor 3. Allowed values are 1.00 – 3.00. You have to adjust this ratio so Freedom shows the voltage as you can measure with Freedom disconnected.
IMPORTANT: this setting is active if terminators are off ONLY ! When terminators are On, 3rd sensor works without this coefficient!
Freedom version 1.13.1 Release notes
- improved battery charge status
- minor cosmetics
Freedom version 1.13 Release notes
- nitrox analyzer, uses O2 probe with oxygen sensor (will be available soon)
- repeated pO2 alarm, every 0.2 bar above preset range
- dive mode can’t be started during battery charging
- redesigned Gauge mode (screens and functionality during a dive, rebreather O2 sensors)
- sensor number omitted from ‘Sensor excluded’ alarm, sensor check is always necessary
- too short dives (<1 min) not stored in the log
- gas switch reminder defaults to enabled
- TTS is updated more frequently for non-deco dives
- Force dive end was added to Setup in dive menu in all dive modes
- a lot of minor improvements
- minimal temperature was from max depth
- fully charged battery is always indicated as 100% charged now
- depth reading was truncated, now is rounded
- the last dive was shown twice during log browsing
- a lot of cosmetic corrections
Freedom version 1.12 Release notes
- charger mode in off state
- dive log erratic “No dive” message
- oxygen usable at 20ft in Planner, using Imperial units
Freedom version 1.11 update (26 jun 2015) Release notes
- stack time not incremented
- ascent plan in OC mode instead of CCR mode
Freedom version 1.11 Release notes
- expected NoFly in planner
- exceeded pO2 warning in planner
- settable low and high usable pO2
- average depth calculation restart during dive
- sorbent usage time alarm in CCR mode
- automatic SPhigh after preset period or at preset depth, for Fixed CCR mode
- instant brightness change to full brightness and back (LCD only)
- automatic dive end when at surface can be dismissed (if configured)
- screensaver active even in Gauge mode
- gas change using buttons can be configured to cycle breathable gases only.
- pO2 alarm is not raised immediately after gas switch, it could be manipulation error only
- dive time counter stops when surface reached
- disabled menu items are NOT skiped over
- oxygen cells screen available even in fixed CCR mode
- improved cell calibration procedure
- default item value displayed in editor, set with long press of upper button
- default gas can be edited, but not disabled
- Gas switch setting moved to Mixtures menu
- correct rounding to imperial units in planner
- TTS lock with 9 active gases
- minor graphics errors corrected
Brightness change (LCD display only)
If you press lower key in 1s after turning off the screensaver, the brightness ### Changes to full value. This mode remains active up to another button press in 1s. Quick pressing = brightness change Slow pressing = display on/off
Freedom version 1.10 Release notes
- Works with MAC and Linux
- expected CNS in planner
- multiple diluents for CCR/const pO2 mode
- SCR variants for CCR mode, ASCR (with constant flow) and PSCR (volume ratio)
- warning before automatic switch-off
- vibration notification on device start
- dive graph uses full screen width in log
- floor value more realistic
- vertical speed in all modes
- plan list rewritten on recalculation
- reduced repeating alarms
- safety stop after every dive under 10m/30ft
- Sokoban game uses common method of direction control
- corrected NoFly value
- small bugs fixed
Freedom version 1.9 Release notes
- Ceiling in graph
- Floor field (OC mode) can be replaced by Average Depth, see Display settings
- Vertical speed indication. Speed can be real speed or percent of preset maximal value, see Preferences / User Interface
- Improved start by submerge algorithm, doesn’t do false wakeup
- Changed color of graph frame
- Emergency start by submerge even in Flight mode
- Demo dive doesn’t reset surface period
Freedom version 1.8 Release notes
- Better shade of blue color
- Stop miss alarm disabled in Follow ceiling mode
- Wrong bottom gas in planner
Freedom version 1.7 Release notes
Version identification: FD.bin.enc Freedom with OLED display 2.0″ FD3.bin.enc Freedom with TFT display 2.4″
- Bailout Gradient Factor settings for emergency ascent
- Default mixture specified, used instead of first configured at dive start, so you can have mixtures in any order (e.g. sorted by ppO2). Editing of default mixure is prohibited (disabled gas usage prevention).
- Barometer displayed instead of Altitude in Syscheck screen
- GFhigh is no more applied in NoFly computing, safety margin is already included in target NoFly pressure
- Stopwatch in Free and Gauge mode can be reset without prior stopping
- Improved algorithm for dive end detection
- Display settings available in dive menu
- Faster graphics with OLED display
- Too long ascent time under specific conditions at dive start
- Graphics corrections, introduced with big display version
Freedom version 1.6 Release notes
This relase is for Freedom units with TFT display only! All functional ### Changes will be included in next release for old units.
- Low ppO2 alarm (0.18 OC, 0.3 CCR)
- User-settable pressure and temperature sensor correction (sensor accuracy correction)
- Faulty ppO2 sensor disable (CCR mode)
- Bad ppO2 sensor detection (1mv minimal voltage, CCR mode)
- TFT display implementation, graphics for larger display
- Faster graphics
- Surface interval displayed up to 99 days
- Screensaver minimal interval 5s
- Minor graphics corrections
Freedom version 1.5 Release notes
- Closed Circuit mode
- oxygen sensors (up to 3) for measured CCR mode
- Plan computation can use more gases
- Plan shows used gases in color
- Flight mode
- Real Time clock on main screen
- low battery alarm
- gas change notification by vibrations, can be disabled
- improved graphics
- improved menu structure
- gas change by long key press can be disabled (default = disabled!)
- Ascent time no longer shares space with Nodeco
- Nodeco shares space with Deco stop time
- ASL height is not in configuration, but is determined automaticaly
- CNS range up to 999%
- better ascent speed alarms
- Safety stop countdown moved
- better display activation byt light
- ascent speed factory defaults changed to 10/10/18 m/min (32/32/59 ft/min)
- number editor cursor position changed
- improved deep stop algorithm
- improved CNS algorithm
- accelerometer bug corrected
- log view bug corrected
Freedom version 1.4 Release notes
- pressure sensor failure mode
- screensaver canceling by light is optional (Setup/Preferences/Display/Show by light)
- optional configuration check screen before OC start (Setup/Preferences/Checklist)
- new option: dive plan in reverse order (Setup/Preferences/Plan format)
- average depth in current dive graph
- surface interval format improved
- nodeco screen appears immediately after last decostop
- surface pressure fixation improved
- repetitive alarm limited, when oxygen used for decompression at 6m/20ft
- decostop countdown start at 0.5m below stop depth (was 1m)
- log files have “.DLF” extension
- dive can be ended in depth max 0.5m (was 1.5m)
- Priority mode renamed to Default mode
- Gauge mode counts dive time
- accelerometer starts reliably
- vertical speed check corrected
- current dive graph doesn’t show previous dive before submerge
Freedom version 1.3 Release notes
- Current plan available underwater from OC menu
- screen cosmetics
- better decompression status (arrow) handling
- depth displayed from 0.1m
- fully charged battery indication improved
- GF wrong usage, it generated too long deco schedule
- log duplication if dive was started by submergion
- correct display if imperial units used
Freedom version 1.2 Release notes
- reset decomodel resets also CNS
- demo mode uses slow ascent (3m/min) between deco stops
- when the dive changes from nodeco to deco, it could hang and restart